Monday 28 May 2012

What I got for my birthday and a few other items



I know some people hate these type of posts, but I like them, its a way to be nosey in a polite way. All I ever feel like I do is review, review and review a bit more, so I had to switch it up a bit, or try to :)


I am just going to show you what I got for my birthday and some other stuff I have bought for myself. These won't be a review or anything, they will just to show you what I got :)


So this year I was very lucky with what I got.

Took the picture on my bed hence all the creases. What can I say... I'm a creasy sleeper
  
For my birthday I got:

The Zara Messenger Bag in Grey and Red- I actually used the money I got for my birthday to buy this. I got it online because I wanted it a few months ago and then it became a blogger craze and I was like oooo it must be soo good. Went instore and they were SOLD OUT :(
I took it out for its first trip the other day and I went shopping with it and it is such a nice bag- comfy, spacious and looks so good :)


All Star Black Leather Converse- I never thought I could wear converse, even though I can be a bit of a boy at times or football fanatic if you will, I just thought nope these will just not work. HOW WRONG WAS I? I tried them on and even my Mum was like "they look good" and I trust my Mum because if they looked naff she would pull a "don't think so" face. By the way, buying Converse/trainers can be just as addictive as buying cosmetics. As soon as I got home I was thinking of my next pair... (I forgot to take a picture but, I have a picture on my Instagram: @beautyfullyblog, if you are interested) or you can see them on the Office website.


Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - Another item I wanted for ages. It is really expensive but I'm still trying it out and will do a review on it when I have used it for a few months. It is oil free and a 50ml bottle is supposed to last me around 4 months (from what I was told by the lady at the counter!). The bottle is so nice too ;)


Estee Lauder Daywear SPF 25- I am not sure about this, I chose this and then realised it only had UVA protection. I am becoming really fussy about SPF protection, it is so so so important. If you are in the sun or even on a cloudy day you NEED SPF. I wouldn't go any further than SPF 30, even in summer. I also think this cream is a bit heavy for me and I have a few spots, so I think it may be from the cream. Not completely sure yet.



Non birthday items...


Katy Perry Lashes- Which I havent tried and tested yet, but I think they will look so so good :) I thought they were the most natural ones and have a nice curl. A bit off point but my sister did try the Cheryl Cole eyelashes the other day and they look are beautiful- long and natural. Defo could not tell she was wearing them.


Bobbi Brown items- being obsessed with beauty stuff, I NEVER wear concealer or foundation, not because I don't need it (trust me I do!) but I was a bit of a scaredy cat and never took the plunge. I bought the corrector, the creamy concealer kit, the foundation stick and the concealer brush. I havent tried them out yet as I only got them on Friday but I will let you know how it goes.


Paco Rabanne Lady Million- I have wanted this for ages, it smells so good! The guy's version smells amazing and I was tempted to buy that, maybe next time eh?


Real Techniques Stippling Brush- I get sucked in by hyped products and so I wanted to try the Core Collection but I opted for this brush for now :) It feels so soft and I love the design.


Redken Iron Silk 07- I am on a "no heat thing on my hair" (I have no idea why, because I never put heat onto my hair, seriously, its a birds nest) but I bought this just in case I have to straighten or curl my hair for a wedding or a nice event where I shouldn't go looking like I have been dragged through a wind tunnel.



John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Deep Infusion- This is one product that I have tried and I really like it. I am trying to grow my hair and so won't be getting it cut in a while. I needed a treatment that I could use after I wash my hair and I was curious about this range. So I picked it up in Boots and I am so glad I did... Review coming right up!


Essie nail polishes- My sister picked up the Essie 'billionails', 'trillionails' and 'Matte about you' in the Boots where she works at £1 EACH! I was like bargain!!! The billionails and trillionails are the second and third part of a nail strengthening system, I don't have the first part, haha beggers can't be choosers! ;)

I am interested to try 'Matte about you' because I usually like my nails to look shiny, but I have a few colours I have in mind which I could "matte out".

I did try Step 2 (Billionails) and you can use the nail polishes as a base coat or a top coat. I used it as both and this is may nails after day 4: (not that bad)



I'm also wearing Essie's Jam 'n' Jelly which my sister got from Boots. The brush is flipping amazing. It is similar to the Rimmel 60 Second nail polishes (which I compared to the Dior Vernis brush here). I will still need to use 2/3 of the nail strengthening products more before I say you NEED it in your life, I have only used them once- so far and so far so good :) My sis did well <3


Nivea Sun Light Feeling Sun Lotion SPF50- I need this because the weather in the UK is HOT! I got SPF 50 when I should have got 30 (doh!) but I can't be bothered to change it, so I will protected from everything. Everything. I'll defo be taking that to Wireless with me. Hopefully the weather holds out!


Elizabeth's Daughter Purifying Mask- Wanted to try this skincare brand before and I do like this product. It retails for around £19.50. I think I got this for slightly cheaper online. Again quite happy with it, makes my skin bright and makes it look clear.


Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel- An exfoliator which I got from lookfantastic when they had a 20% discount on Elemis products. This is quite expensive and it is 50ml, so I am expecting good things from this one. But I really like the smell and have only used it once. 


Dorothy Perkins Sunglasses- Got these because I can't find my other ones. These were a bargain at like £6. Sturdy, cool (or I like to think so) and comfortable.



I hope this wasn't a naff post and you enjoyed looking at what I got and expect to see some reviews.

Thank you for reading :)


Devia 

No comments:

Post a Comment